H1b Extension now asking for background verification

rks1833

I work for a manufacturing company IT as a direct full time employee .My H1b Processing was put on hold today .

Before this i was issued an RFE for Pay Stubs and we returned with evidence . And now ..this

The status Said "During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators."

Can anybody help me figure out how long this would take ?It talks about finger print bio-metric appointment .Has anyone gone though this process ?

Appreciate any response!!

-Rak

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I am also in same boat...H1B Transfer got struck in background check and no response yet...Did you receive any updates?

H1B transfer Applied: Apr 26th, 2013

RFE: Sep

RFE Responce Received: Oct 4th (Upgraded to Premium while responding to RFE) - Struck in Background check

Spouse wants to go to India urgently...as there is no approval for new company, how she can go for stamping with out approval. Can she go on Previous Company H1B which is valid till Sep 2014. Do they ask for Approval for new company too?

Please share your experience....It's urgent.

• 6 months later...

I got the same in my h1b extension filed under premium processing. It says:

"The required background checks are still pending for the petition and notice will be issued once the decisions have been made."

What does this back ground check mean here ? How much time does it take ? Please share your experiences.

• 3 weeks later...

I work for a manufacturing company IT as a direct full time employee .My H1b Processing was put on hold today .

Before this i was issued an RFE for Pay Stubs and we returned with evidence . And now ..this

The status Said "During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators."

Can anybody help me figure out how long this would take ?It talks about finger print bio-metric appointment .Has anyone gone though this process ?

Appreciate any response!!

-Rak

I got the same. Please share your updates how much time did it take in background check.

I am also in same boat...H1B Transfer got struck in background check and no response yet...Did you receive any updates?

H1B transfer Applied: Apr 26th, 2013

RFE: Sep

RFE Responce Received: Oct 4th (Upgraded to Premium while responding to RFE) - Struck in Background check

Spouse wants to go to India urgently...as there is no approval for new company, how she can go for stamping with out approval. Can she go on Previous Company H1B which is valid till Sep 2014. Do they ask for Approval for new company too?

Please share your experience....It's urgent.

I got the same. Please share your updates how much time did it take in background check.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived