RFE for Employment Verification Letter

h1bquery999

Hey Guys,

Today i got an RFE in my I-140 application asking me to provide Employment Verification Letter from my previous employer.

I worked for that company 3 years ago, now the company is closed and the owner has moved to India, i requested him for the letter but he is not responding at all.

In light of this, what kind of documentation can i provide to USCIS against this RFE.

Really appreciate your help

Thanks

please consult a lawyer.

letter from your former colleagues will work.

Originally posted by h1bquery999:

Hey Guys,

Today i got an RFE in my I-140 application asking me to provide Employment Verification Letter from my previous employer.

I worked for that company 3 years ago, now the company is closed and the owner has moved to India, i requested him for the letter but he is not responding at all.

In light of this, what kind of documentation can i provide to USCIS against this RFE.

Really appreciate your help

Thanks

Your former colleagues need to prove that they worked for the company. You may need a relieving letter from them showing their employment dates with that particular company or any form of documentation proving the same. Also your former colleagues need to give the letter in the company letter head of their present organization if possible.

If you are unable to obtain a letter in the required format from a former employer, you will need to document your attempts to obtain that letter and provide a self affidavit as well as two affidavits from former colleagues who worked with you at that employer and have direct personal knowledge of your employment and duties performed. You will also need to provide any secondary corroborating evidence of that employment, i.e. offer letter, relieving letter, service certificates, immigration documents, paystubs, W-2s etc.

Archived