Can we withdraw H1b from one consulate after 221g and apply to other?

mane

Hi!

I was given 221G at the time of H1B interview (10th Dec, 2012, Toronto Consulate). I am thinking to withdraw my application from Toronto Consulate if I couldn't hear anything till end of next month. My concern is they have my i797, can we withdraw our case and get the documents back from Toronto Consulate and go back to home country and re-apply for stamping? in case of withdraw, how will this 221g affect new application? will there be a chance to get 221G again since because previous application couldn't completed the administrative processing?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi!

I was given 221G at the time of H1B interview (10th Dec, 2012, Toronto Consulate). I am thinking to withdraw my application from Toronto Consulate if I couldn't hear anything till end of next month. My concern is they have my i797, can we withdraw our case and get the documents back from Toronto Consulate and go back to home country and re-apply for stamping? in case of withdraw, how will this 221g affect new application? will there be a chance to get 221G again since because previous application couldn't completed the administrative processing?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Your employer has to do that. Moreover you cannot attend the interview with the same 797, you need new 797.

You may withdraw your application, receive back your papers, and apply in your home country consulate. However, if the purpose is just to avoid dealing with Toronto consulate, withdrawing and going somewhere else won't help. I'm assuming your purpose is to spend your waiting time in your home country rather than in Toronto, which is understandable.

You may withdraw your application, receive back your papers, and apply in your home country consulate. However, if the purpose is just to avoid dealing with Toronto consulate, withdrawing and going somewhere else won't help. I'm assuming your purpose is to spend your waiting time in your home country rather than in Toronto, which is understandable.

Exactly, my purpose is to go home country and spend the time with them. Moreover, i do not have multiple entry canadian visa and it is going to expire in may.

Archived