Receiving a pay check in India from another Indian company X while on H1B with another company in US

sree573

Hello All,

I need some information from you.

I came from USA in October. I used to work for a consulting company 'X', for a client 'C', through a vendor 'V'.

I started working in India for a different consulting company 'Y', that is based in India, for the same client 'C' through the same vendor 'V'. This is an offshore support job working in non-US hours.

I did not receive any pay checks from company X while I am in India. Now, it is March-13. Till date, I received pay checks from company 'Y' in India since October-2012.

I am planning to go back to the US and work for a new client 'D' with the same old consulting company 'X'. I have some more time on my H1B.

Q 1. Do you see any problem for me to go back to US?

Q 2. Should I go back to the same old client 'C'?

Q 3. If I work for a client 'D' while still working remotely for old client 'C' and getting paid both in India and US, will it be a problem?

Q 4. Can a person have his pay check generated in the US and India simultaneously?

It might sound stupid for some people and unnecessary for some people. But, my situation is a bit different. I am a hard working guy and can stress myself.

Plain rule : - I am doing it just for the sake of money.

Please do provide me your valuable suggestions and answers.

Thank you,

Anonymous

Hello All,

Q 1. Do you see any problem for me to go back to US?

Q 2. Should I go back to the same old client 'C'?

Q 3. If I work for a client 'D' while still working remotely for old client 'C' and getting paid both in India and US, will it be a problem?

Q 4. Can a person have his pay check generated in the US and India simultaneously?

1. No problem, if there are no changes in your H1 petition which was filed earlier

2.I guess 'X' us your employer in US, so you need to work for client 'C'. If you want to work for 'D', then 'X' has to notify this change to USCIS

3.on H1 this is not possible. You have to work only for your employer that is 'X'

4.I guess this is not possible, but not sure.

When in the US, you may ONLY work for your H1B sponsor no matter where you are paid. Your employer may place you with any client; you will enter with documentation for the client for which you will be working on your return.

You may be in it for the money but you have to follow US rules while physically present in the US.

Archived