Has anyone going for a H1B visa stamping to merida ,Mexico end of march.

TCHANTIR

• 3 weeks later...

I am on EC Model, I went to Merida last week. And Came back after a successful stamping.

Here are the trip details,

• Flight: US-Cancun-Merida-US
  • Hotel: IBIS Merida (Prebooked, $50 USD/Day)
  • H1B: Change of employer

Touched down in Cancun at around 8. There was no ADO shuttle to bus station from airport(it was too early for those shuttles). Reached ADO Bus station on a shared taxi by 9 AM(160 Pesos + tip). At ADO, they wouldn't let me buy tickets for 9:10 to Merida, as gates close 15 minutes ahead of time. Bought a ticket (368 pesos) to Merida Fiesta Americana Hotel for 10:30 AM bus. (I didn't knew that there was another bus at 10 AM, which goes to Merida Centro. I could have taken that bus and a cab from Merida Centro to Hotel).

In the bus stop there was a blue painted A/C waiting room for Merida ADO bus customers, all the way to the right corner inside the bus station. Checked my bag in that waiting room, around 10:15 AM (didnt want to check in any early, as it may end up on a wrong bus. Can check the bags while boarding too). The attendant called(in Spanish) for 10:30 bus passengers, and i boarded the bus. Bus started out around 10:40, and there was one stop at Hotel IBIS Cancun ADO . Picked up some more people and left for Merida non-stop. Reached the first ADO stop(across SEARS and Apart Hotel) around 2:25 PM, dropped some of them, and reached ADO at Fiesta Americana hotel at 3 PM. And my ASC appointment was at 4PM.

It was raining heavily, and i took a cab across the road to IBIS merida hotel(less than 1/2 km , 30 pesos + tip) .Checked into hotel room left my wallet, baggage and phone there. Took my DL, Credit Card , some cash and my documents, Gave the ASC center address to the cabbie, and I was there in 15 minutes. Security has let me in, but only after keeping my pen(its not allowed inside) there on his desk.

Inside ASC, the took my finger prints and picture after verifying

• Consulate appointment confirmation page
  • Original I-797
  • I-129

Visa appointment was at 10 AM next morning, its 2 blocks from IBIS Merida. Walked there at 9 AM. They let me go through security check and to the interview counter straight away. One of the personnel at the counter had checked my documents and asked me to go back an wait till my number is called. Waited for an hour, finally got called for the interview.

• VO: Who is your old employer and what did you do there ? Me : Blah.. Blah..
  • VO: Who is your new employer and what do you do there ? Me: Blah.. Blah..
  • VO: Who are their clients ? Me: X, Y, Z..etc..,
  • VO: Where did you go to school ? Me: X Univ.
  • VO: Your visa is Approved. Me: Thanks.
  • VO: When are you planning to back. Me: Day after tomorrow.
  • VO: You can try pick your passport today at 4 PM, providing this white slip, but i can not guarantee it for today. Me: Thanks.

Visited a few places in Merida, Chichen Itza, Cancun beach, and flew back.

• 3 months later...

Archived