Successful Visa Stamping @ Vancouver on 12th & 13th

MAR1213

I thank Murthy forum and all the people sharing their experiences in this forum. It helped us a lot.

we are three friends .. 2 of us had our stamping on 12th and other on 13th. All of us are approved and are on EVC model.

interview questions are pretty similar and are as follows:

Counter 4 / Counter 6 (At this counter the questions are pretty straight forward)

Who do you work for ?

Since how long you have been employed?

Can i see your LCA && I129 && Pay stubs && W2 for 2012/2011?

Do you have an end client ?

How long you are working for current client ?

Where are they located?

what do you do for them. ( Observed that if u are too precise for this answer or if the VO is still unclear of the job you do .. he is asking for more info on the work you do daily .

i mentioned the team name and added technical expertise with my job role mentioned in LCA. So he did not asked any further questions.

But for other person before me , jus mentioned the role name...so he was asked in detail job description.

One of my friend has a standard monthly pay for 3 yrs from his employer the VO asked him why is there no hike in your pay ... he answered that he would be eligible for pay hike EOD of March.He even asked for the employment agreement between him and his employer.

Also , i have change of clients and VO did not ask abt amendment but jus asked whether i have worked with previos client when he looked at i-129 petition.

Hope this helps for all those who are looking forward for your interview .

All the best .

@ Kumar.clt9: one of my other friend who went to stamping in Canada in Feb was asked about amendment and she replied that 'my roles and responsibilities remain the same and so my employer filed an LCA and also have a end client letter'. it may not matter to them when u hav change of clients within same state and also answering the same with confidence.

First of all congrats for ur VISA stamping.

I have a quick question since you had changed the client, did you do the amendment before for for stamping.

I am also in thee same boat. I didn't do my amendment and I am planning to go for my stamping in May.

Will it be safe if I don't do it before my interview?

@Giri28: I did not get amendment done .Even though my clients are different i was in the same state (CA) for both the clients. I took that risk of going to stamping without amendment as i have seen some friends of mine who went to stamping when they had change of clients and they did not even knew there is something like amendment that you need to apply for .

you can attend the visa interview without the amendment but having an approved amendment will be an added asset. Without the amendment, you have to justify the cause for not filing the amendment. if you are confident of supporting yourself, you are good. If not, go for amendment with the client letter. All the best.

Archived