OPT Extension

RPC1

Hi,

I am graduating in spring 2013. I didn't have my Diploma yet. I will be receiving it after may 15. My opt is expiring on May 13. While filing my extension can i submit my transcripts and a letter from registrar stating i will be receiving the degree in may?

Plz help.

Thanks

I am graduating in spring 2013. I didn't have my diploma yet. I will be receiving it after May 15. My OPT is expiring on May 13. While filing my extension can I submit my transcripts and a letter from registrar stating i will be receiving the degree in May?

This suggests that you are on pre-completion OPT (i.e. "graduating in spring 2013 ... my OPT is expiring on May 13"), is this the case?

For OPT STEM extension you need the applicable I-20 issued by your university, to have completed and received your degree, and have a job offer with / be working for a E-Verify company. As was posted, check with your university DSO about when you can apply for OPT STEM extension and obtaining the necessary documentation from the university and your employer.

Archived