Is my visa counted as abandoned?

babukiran

Hello,

I was in US for four+ years on H1B. The last company was a systems integrator/Implementation partner. I worked with the company for 3 months and then had a family emergency, so I requested them to move to India, which they did. I am currently working for the same company in India on Indian payroll. It has been 8months I left US. For the last 8months, they did not run my US payroll.

Now, I want to go back to US. Will I have any issues? What documentation should I carry?

Note: Soon after I came to India 8months back, I go tmy visa stamping updated up to mid of 2014.

Please advise.

Thanks.

So if it is with the current employer, I will carry only the proof of job existence, lca etc and will have no issues with it.

But if I have to chg my employer, I will have to carry the same docu and also get stamping again? I already have a valid stamping on my passport until my end of 6yrs term. are you sure I have to go for stamping again?

"But if I have to chg my employer, I will have to carry the same docu and also get stamping again? I already have a valid stamping on my passport until my end of 6yrs term. are you sure I have to go for stamping again?"

If you are switching to new emploer then you need to carry the new LCA and APPROVED I-797 filed by the employer and also the existing docs.

You do not need a stamping again unless you are 3months before the exisitng valid date on the visa stamp.

Again, seniors can shed some light if I have misquote anything

"But if I have to chg my employer, I will have to carry the same docu and also get stamping again? I already have a valid stamping on my passport until my end of 6yrs term. are you sure I have to go for stamping again?"

If you are switching to new emploer then you need to carry the new LCA and APPROVED I-797 filed by the employer and also the existing docs.

You do not need a stamping again unless you are 3months before the exisitng valid date on the visa stamp.

Again, seniors can shed some light if I have misquote anything

Archived