Change of employment

lgvisa

Hi,

I am currently with employer A who is a desi consulting company. Through employer A I got an offer from an american company B who is the end client. The offer is a contract-to-hire position. The first 3 months would be contracting and then the end client would like to hire me full time. I am willing to join full time after 3 months. But my employer is not allowing me to accept the full time offer. But I am very much interested to join the full time offer. Is there any way that I can bypass my employer and work as full time employee?

If you have signed a contract with your H-1B employer which limits your joining clients, you may want to review it with a qualified labor and employment law attorney in the state of employment or state of employer location (check the contract to see if it specifies the law of a certain state). Generally this type of contract will create some sort of punishment for joining a client, which means you may end up paying the employer something. I'm just guessing though - you're going to have to figure out what your contract requires.

Obviously the client will need to file an H-1B petition for you before you can start working for them as an employee.

If you have any more questions about the immigration aspects, you may want to consult with a qualified immigration attorney.

Archived