H4-F1 visa stamping

mishrikhurana

I have been in the US since july 2010. This feb'13 i received my COS from H4 to F1. i am enrolled for a master's progra in southern illinois university. I'll be going to india for about 20 days and have to get my visa stamped. my husband's on H1b and has filed for I140.

My question is What are my chances of getting it done? my course gets over in dec'15.

Hello,

I was in the same condition in 2010. I was on H4 and got an admit in University of ********** in Masters. I changed from H4 to F1 VISA in USA. I had to get my VISA stamped in India. It was very staright forward for me. The interviewer asked my only one question. "So you are studying in ***". I said to him "Yes, I was fortunate to get an admit. I have a research assistanceship now and I am working on blah blah. I have completed my first semester now". He asked about my husband. I told him "He is working for this company doing this". I did not mention anything about his I140 (His I140 was in process at that time). Just answer what they ask and you will be good to go.

Good Luck!!!

Hello,

I was in the same condition in 2010. I was on H4 and got an admit in University of ********** in Masters. I changed from H4 to F1 VISA in USA. I had to get my VISA stamped in India. It was very staright forward for me. The interviewer asked my only one question. "So you are studying in ***". I said to him "Yes, I was fortunate to get an admit. I have a research assistanceship now and I am working on blah blah. I have completed my first semester now". He asked about my husband. I told him "He is working for this company doing this". I did not mention anything about his I140 (His I140 was in process at that time). Just answer what they ask and you will be good to go.

Good Luck!!!

Hey marisha05 thanks for sharing your experience?, can I know the amount of time it took for you to get your COS(H4-F1) approved?

Archived