Change job at 7th year with I 140 approved

syatrip

Hi everyone,

I am currently with company A since the last 7 years on my H1b and have an approved I-140 with this company(PD March 2011).

1.Wanted to know if I can change to another company?

2. I read a few forum that the PD remains same even if i change to anew company?

3. the new company will just need to apply for my H1b and will they also need to apply for the Perm again?

My current company is not going to cancel my current approved I-140.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Murthy.com - Thank you for providing this wonderful service.

I have been following murthy.com for about 4 years now.

I have a question regarding my wife's 7 year extension and need advise.

My wife has completed 6 years on H1 , and is currently on H4. ( There was no LC filed or GC process initiated.)

In order to be eligible for H1 again - she has decided to stay outside the US for 1 year, and has completed 6 months of stay outside US.

On her return, can she apply for a COS to get her previous H1 transferred on getting a job ?

Or will it have to go through as fresh H1 in cap?

I understand there are many approvals after 6 years without them applying in Cap category, on a case by case basis.

[ PS: I am in my 7th year of stay in the US on H1 with i-140 approved. My wife is currently on H4, and my son is a US citizen. ]

Regards,

Vivek

Murthy.com - Thank you for providing this wonderful service.

I have been following murthy.com for about 4 years now.

I have a question regarding my wife's 7 year extension and need advise.

My wife has completed 6 years on H1 , and is currently on H4. ( There was no LC filed or GC process initiated.)

In order to be eligible for H1 again - she has decided to stay outside the US for 1 year, and has completed 6 months of stay outside US.

On her return, can she apply for a COS to get her previous H1 transferred on getting a job ?

Or will it have to go through as fresh H1 in cap?

I understand there are many approvals after 6 years without them applying in Cap category, on a case by case basis.

[ PS: I am in my 7th year of stay in the US on H1 with i-140 approved. My wife is currently on H4, and my son is a US citizen. ]

Regards,

Vivek

Vivek,

Starting a separate thread for your topic will fetch you more replies than hijacking an existing one.

To answer your question, since she completed here 6 yr term, she has to apply in the new quota if she wants a new 6 yr term.

Archived