H1b Stamping - Accommodation and commute from Seattle - Vancouver

sivi3883

Hello All,

I am going for a H1b Visa stamping @ Vancouver, Canada on March 14th from Dallas, Texas. Initially, couple of my friends booked the same interview slots but due to some personal emergency, they will not be able to join me:( Now I am alone driving from Seattle(Flying from Dallas and reach Seattle by 10 PM on March 13th) to Vancouver.

Having said that, I thought of taking a rental car from Seattle. But if my Visa gets rejected, I am not sure how and where to return the rental car back to Seattle. Is there any other options like shuttle or bus from Seattle Airport to Vancouver? Please note that I will be able to reach Seattle by 10 PM on March 13th and I need a commute after that and also need to attend the interview by 9 AM in the morning, March 14th. I know I didnt plan well but this is where I am :(

Please let me know the available options to commute. Also I am planning to stay in Ramada Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver, 1221 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1M6, Canada. Is there a cheaper place\shared accommodation closer by the consulate?

Regards

Siva

There are definitely Bus Transportation available, but try to find out if there are availability on 13th.. i tried to make a quick search but looks like earliest availability is on 14th march.

Every one in the forums are suggesting to stay in Days inn hotel in downtown.

FYI i have interview on 15th. planning to go there tomorrow night.

Due to my poor planning, I took the rental car itself. But its definitely not a good idea. At the worst case, I need to drop the car here in Vancouver for which its costing extra 500 dollars.

Anyways, I had my visa interview today and got it approved:) I can take the car back to Seattle.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Archived