H1B visa interview in Ottawa- husband's I140 approved.

Bids23

Hi,

I have my H1B visa interview scheduled in Ottawa for 23rd April, 2013. I was on L2 and F1 visa before but this is my first H1B stamping. Worried if it is a problem to have it stamped in Canada.

Moreover, my husband's I140 is also approved. So if the VO asks me whether I intend to immigrate to the US, then I have to say No. Then if he asks me what is my husband's Status in the US and if his GC is filed, what should I answer?

I am concerned because if I have to say the truth about his GC and that indicates that I want to immigrate to the US. So not sure how to deal with this question. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have my H1B visa interview scheduled in Ottawa for 23rd April, 2013. I was on L2 and F1 visa before but this is my first H1B stamping. Worried if it is a problem to have it stamped in Canada.

Moreover, my husband's I140 is also approved. So if the VO asks me whether I intend to immigrate to the US, then I have to say No. Then if he asks me what is my husband's Status in the US and if his GC is filed, what should I answer?

I am concerned because if I have to say the truth about his GC and that indicates that I want to immigrate to the US. So not sure how to deal with this question. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

First of all, rare chances that VO would ask you that, if you want to immigrate to US or not.

2nd, if at all, say YES (truth). H1B is dual intent visa, so if it is fine, if you want to immigrate "LEGALLY possible". Plus your husband is planning to immigrate and if you say NO, that would not be logical.

Archived