Help needed about Immigration check at port of entry

akatnet

Hi,

I am in a odd situation. I am issued H1B visa 2 weeks ago for a small company. 1 week after my visa issued, another applicant from same company denied Visa saying the company provided client contract information is fraudulent and they asked him to sign a document saying the company provided information is fraudulent and they returned his passport.

Now i am worried about immigration check at port of entry, not sure if i will be similar questions and whether they will allow me in or not. If anybody having any idea about this scenario, please suggest.

Is the client you are coming to US to work for a fradulent one ? If yes then definetly you should re think working for this employer, there are better things in this world then coming to US, and work with a fraud employer and risking life ban on coming to US when caught doing so.

If your employer is genuine and you will be working for a genuine client and what happened with your friend was a mistake then you should not worry and clearly state the details at POE when asked.

Thanks Shandan for your response. Actually the requirement is for an in-house project, no client, the same is mentioned in all the documents. There are already people working for this company, as per my knowledge there is nothing wrong with the company, the client contract documents provided by the employer are valid, but not sure why they are saying fardulent.

You are not this other individual. There may have been other issues in his background or he may have "enhanced" his documents and this was the best reason the VO had to deny him.

If you have done nothing wrong and your employer is legitimate, worry about the problem if and when it occurs.

Hi,

I am in a odd situation. I am issued H1B visa 2 weeks ago for a small company. 1 week after my visa issued, another applicant from same company denied Visa saying the company provided client contract information is fraudulent and they asked him to sign a document saying the company provided information is fraudulent and they returned his passport.

Now i am worried about immigration check at port of entry, not sure if i will be similar questions and whether they will allow me in or not. If anybody having any idea about this scenario, please suggest.

May be his client provided a fraudulent letter. Are you working with that employee at the same work location??

sorry for the confusion, including me all are intended to work at employer location. the other application had provided client contract documents of the in-house project which is mentioned as the product of the company. the VO was trying to validate whether there are any clients using the product (in-house product) as few client names are mentioned in the product documents.

Archived