H4 to H1b for my husband(Finance Background) - Looking for an employer

jacknjill911

Hi,

We are planning to apply for h1b for my husband and still in search of an employer. He has 6+ years of experience in Finance sector like Demat, Stocks etc. He is a Bcom(Bachelor of Commerce) graduate. Please advise what is the best option for us.

We were thinking he get trained on some IT technology as well. Please suggest if you know any employer who can help us with this or any best option for him to proceed further.

Which is better for him with respect to H1b, to find a IT/Finance related job.

I am not sure how would an employer apply his h1b without client letter- In this case, who would usually be payign the h1b fees?

I heard h1b quota is going to get filled quickly this year as well.

What is the steps of this process for h4 to h1b?

Thanks for your advise and suggestions in advance.

Which is better for him with respect to H1b, to find a IT/Finance related job.

Finance job. After working for 6 yrs I don't think it's good decision to change the field.

Moreover, USCIS will asks for proof whether the beneficiary has prior exp in that job or degree from that field. In your case both are missing.

If he works directly for his employer as a full-time employee (versus works for a consulting company as a consultant on a client's project), then no client letter is needed as the job is not dependent on a client project. This should be your preference. If he does get a job as a consultant make sure it is direct employer - client (i.e. no vendor(s) or other middle layer(s)). However, in that case they will likely require a client letter.

Hi,

We are planning to apply for h1b for my husband

YOU don't apply for anything.

A prospective employer can file an H1.

We were thinking he get trained on some IT technology as well.

That won't help for any IT job.

For an H1, the job has to require a 4-year college degree in a particular field, and the applicant has to have the required degree. Some training won't help.

I am not sure how would an employer apply his h1b without client letter- In this case, who would usually be payign the h1b fees?

First off, this client letter stuff applies for consulting companies.

Second, the employer pays for the H1. Stay away from any company that wants money for an H1.

I heard h1b quota is going to get filled quickly this year as well.

Are you from the future? How can you know if the quota is going to be filled quickly or not???

Don't listen to rumors.

What is the steps of this process for h4 to h1b?

A prospective employer would handle all that.

Archived