Successful visa stamping with EC model after 221g on EVC model

dhoola

First interview: HYD, EVC Model, Nov 30th , Issued 221g

Informed employer, vendor and client. They wanted to wait and see if USCIS contacts them. Nothing happened.

Petition sent back to USCIS in Jan 1st week.

Updated my vendor and they informed client that they would apply for my H1-B in premium Processing. Got Approved for new H1-B petition last week of January. They posted the documents in first week of February. Attended Visa interview on Feb 15th at Chennai with new petition. The interview went well and got visa approved.

A bit of twist in the tale that, my old petition went to "Initial Review" after my 2nd visa interview. So, instead of getting my passport with visa stamp, I got a 221g letter asking me to withdraw my old petition on February 25th. I contacted my old employer and requested them to submit a letter to USCIS to withdraw my old petition. They sent me a scanned copy of that letter. Went to OFC Chennai and submitted this document along with my Passport on 28th February. Received my Passport with Visa Stamp on March 8th.

Many people in this forum complain that no one updates about successful stamping after 221g. So, I just want to update my case here.

Archived