Visa Approved on 4th March 2013 at Chennai, But Haven't Received the passport

mohan.g

Hello All,

Thanks a ton to everyone who has shared their experience on this forum and it was very helpful.

Before the interview I did a mistake on my DS160. My Last name was missed. I had to correct it on DS160 during Bio metric scanning. I re-submitted a new DS160 and informed during my Biometric scanning and during verification as well.

People in Chennai Consulate were very helpful and they had attached my NEW DS160 with passport just before I had an interview with VO.

My Interview Questions:

Me: Good Morning Officer :)

VO: Very Good Morning :)

VO: Can I get your passport please?

Me: Handed over my passport.

VO: Who is your Petitioner?

Me: Answered

VO: Who is your Client?

VO: Are you going to work at client Place?

VO: How you got this offer?

VO: What is your salary?

VO: How many employees does your employer have?

Two minutes of silence...and the golden words comes out

VO: "Your VISA is approved Gentleman" Have a nice Day. (And handed over the booklet saying " it might be helpful for you once you land in USA")

Me: Thank you. Have a nice day :)

I have been waiting for my passport. When I check it online it still says " Your passport is still with post"

Did someone attend interview on 4th March at Chennai? Please update if you have received your passport or are you sailing in the same boat as mine :(

Is it something to do with my DS-160 or do I need to have little more patience ;) ?

Thanks dhoola and aneelreddy..

I had checked it and it shows "Admin processing" with created date as 4th March and updated date as 5th March..

But i havent received any slip. and havent heard anything from them....any clue what can I do next??

Just to add.. VO hasnt taken any docs except my passport with new DS160 confirmation letter..

TIA

Thej,

Sorry to hear this. You can't do anything now, except for tracking this. You can also send an email to consulate on this. Admin processing will take from 2 weeks to some months. In my case it took 2.5 months.

Mine was exactly similar case as that of you. Visa officer told me that my visa is approved and after that my case went into Admin Processing. After 2 months my case is updated and got my passport after a week.

Don't get panicked, this has become common for most of the cases now. Hope you will get your passport very soon.

Archived