Vancouver Info..

Rithi

Hi All,

Could somebody throw some light on -

1. Best/reasonable hotels to stay near embassy.

2. How do u call US from Canada? Do we get charged for roaming(att)? Or, do we have to get any calling cards?

3. Within how many days do we get passport in hand?

4.Do they send any email to pickup the passport or will they update in any site?

5. Good restaurants

Thanks in Advance.

1. Days INN - right beside of the embassy

2. Yes, you get charged for international roaming. You can do one thing take International Canada or mexico plan (In at&t) - 30$ you'll get 80 mins. and switch-off 3G once u land in Canada.

3. Once approved 2nd business day by evening

4. Mostly they do send email to pick up your passport when it is ready. Sometimes you may not receive.

5. As far as i know only one good Indian Restaurant Saravanna Bhavan, remaining all **** !! Below is the address.

Address: 955 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1K3, Canada

Phone:+1 604-732-7700

Transit: EB w Broadway FS Oak St

Additional info : Have good night clubs on granville st - Enjoy and have fun !

Good Luck

RC

DAYS INN IN DOWNTOWN VERY NEAR TO EMBASSY...

2. How do u call US from Canada? Do we get charged for roaming(att)? Or, do we have to get any calling cards?

GOOGLE VOICE TO CALL USA FREE....YES ROAMING CHARGED FOR ATT

2-3 DAYS

4.Do they send any email to pickup the passport or will they update in any site?

YES BOTH

Hi All,

Could somebody throw some light on -

5. Good restaurants

Thanks in Advance.

I went to interview @ toronto last week .

1.I stayed at super8 downtown,toronto.they charged 75+tax and its near to consulate.just 10-15 mins walk to consulate.

For better idea, search in google maps.

consulate address- 225 simcoe st.

Hotel address- 222 spadina ave.

2.Yes.att charges roaming.I used gtalk to make calls.

3.I had my interview on monday and received Email to pickup the passport on thursday.

4.they will send an email to Id which you gave in ds-160.For me,it went into spam.so check the spam as well.

Also you can check the status by loggin into your account.

5.There are lot of restaurants in and around the place i stayed.

Hi Rithi,

Please find the below details:

1. Best/reasonable hotels to stay near embassy:

I know that Days Inn is best, jst 2mins aways from Consulate.

I think we can use Gtalk App on Android or Iphone to call to US.

It may take 3-4 business days.

They will send an email to your mail id.

5. Good restaurants

Sorry I'm not aware of them.

Btw, when is your appointment?

Thanks,

Harika

1. Best/reasonable hotels to stay near embassy

I was sharing accommodation so we stayed at Riviera Hotel on Robson Street , its a good one and reasonable, there are a lot of them on the same street. What we did is booked for first 2 nights and going forward the hotel staff gave us good low prices for next 2 nights. It costed 8$ in cab to go to the Embassy, Taxi stop right in front of hotel. The advantage to stay here is there are good restaurants on this street , just 2 min walk. If you eat Thai, Malaysian (Banana Leaf) , Chinese , Indian (not so good) restaurants are on this street, even have Whole Foods and Safeway to get stock of water bottles(I stayed there Monday thru Friday) and other basic items for cheap. Also you can walk to the lake/River right behind the hotel.

I got Skype unlimited calls to US and Canada , it charges 3$ for a month

I had my interview on Wednesday and got Passport on Friday Be alert they send emails after midnight and mine was in Spam so keep checking , we got email on Thursday midnight from Loomis)

They send email but sometimes goes to Spam and hey send after midnight , we woke up at midnight and got the emails so we could book our return flight tickets.

5. Good restaurants

I recommend Banana Leaf on Robson street , if you eat Malaysian food , Fried rice was delicious :) , Salaam Bombay an Indian restaurant was reasonable.

Hope this helpful. Good Luck!

Archived