Successful VISA stamping @ Toronto on March 4th

kart1234

I had my interview on March 4th(monday) at Toronto consulate and here is my experience.

I am on EVC model and changed my employer last year and went to extension H1 stamping(completed 2.5 years so far on H1 and dont have Masters degree).

Travelled by road and reached there by Sunday 2:30pm. Stayed in hotel in Missisauga 30kms from the consulate & 11kms from Brampton.

Started to consulate on Monday Morning(march 4th) around 7:30AM for 10:00AM appointment. roads were little busy and I reached the consulate by 8:30AM.

Parked in the Paid parking gargage(VINCI parking) right opposite to the consulate and waited there for 30 mins in the car.

I went to stand in line around 9:20AM and they let me in to the consulate for security checking. After that I was directed to person and he asked me for the passport, DS-160 & I-797 and he put everything in blue folder and asked not to take out anything from the folder.

then I went to the line for PIMS verification and the officer verified my PIMS and written PIMS ok on my DS-160.(I sent email to PIMS@state.gov & TRTNIV@state.gov asking them to verify my details atleast 1 month back in PIMS. Though you will get a mail stating that they are not able to verify the PIMS details, it defintely makes a difference hence dont ignore it). I was given a token number and was called for finger-print scanning.

After this, I was waiting for my turn for 20 mins and my token was called.

VO(lady): Good Morning

Me: Good Morning Maam. How are you?

VO: I am good.

VO: What is role with the <Company name>?

Me: I work as xxx

VO: How long you are working with them?

me: since June last year

VO: what is your salary?

me: xxx

VO: Are you married?

Me: yes

VO: Where is your family? are they applying in different location? (I didnt took my family as they already have their VISA from INDIA)

Me: they already have their VISA when they went to INDIA last year.

VO:Do you have kid?

then the VISA offier said you VISA is approved and provided the instructions to pickup my passport.

VO did not ask me for any single document though I was carrying everything.

Then I went back to Hotel with a friend who I met in Murthy forum and shared the expenses. He also got his new H1(F1 ---> H1).

ON Tuesday(March 5th) at 11:51PM we both received an email saying that our passports are picked up by loomis. I called loomis on Wednesday Morning(March 6th) at 8:00AM they both the passports are ready for pickup. I picked it at up 10:00 AM and reached the US border around 3PM in the evening. Immigration officer gave new I-94.

the Whole process took less than 3days.

Friends, Only very few Indian faces I can see hardly in the consulate for VISA stamping and everybody got their VISA. I dont understand why people are going to calgary or Vancouver instead of toronto. Though it is small office, if you have all the documents in place I bet it is one the safest location I ever know.

I had my interview on March 4th(monday) at Toronto consulate and here is my experience.

I am on EVC model and changed my employer last year and went to extension H1 stamping(completed 2.5 years so far on H1 and dont have Masters degree).

Travelled by road and reached there by Sunday 2:30pm. Stayed in hotel in Missisauga 30kms from the consulate & 11kms from Brampton.

Started to consulate on Monday Morning(march 4th) around 7:30AM for 10:00AM appointment. roads were little busy and I reached the consulate by 8:30AM.

Parked in the Paid parking gargage(VINCI parking) right opposite to the consulate and waited there for 30 mins in the car.

I went to stand in line around 9:20AM and they let me in to the consulate for security checking. After that I was directed to person and he asked me for the passport, DS-160 & I-797 and he put everything in blue folder and asked not to take out anything from the folder.

then I went to the line for PIMS verification and the officer verified my PIMS and written PIMS ok on my DS-160.(I sent email to PIMS@state.gov & TRTNIV@state.gov asking them to verify my details atleast 1 month back in PIMS. Though you will get a mail stating that they are not able to verify the PIMS details, it defintely makes a difference hence dont ignore it). I was given a token number and was called for finger-print scanning.

After this, I was waiting for my turn for 20 mins and my token was called.

VO(lady): Good Morning

Me: Good Morning Maam. How are you?

VO: I am good.

VO: What is role with the <Company name>?

Me: I work as xxx

VO: How long you are working with them?

me: since June last year

VO: what is your salary?

me: xxx

VO: Are you married?

VO: Where is your family? are they applying in different location? (I didnt took my family as they already have their VISA from INDIA)

Me: they already have their VISA when they went to INDIA last year.

VO:Do you have kid?

then the VISA offier said you VISA is approved and provided the instructions to pickup my passport.

VO did not ask me for any single document though I was carrying everything.

Then I went back to Hotel with a friend who I met in Murthy forum and shared the expenses. He also got his new H1(F1 ---> H1).

ON Tuesday(March 5th) at 11:51PM we both received an email saying that our passports are picked up by loomis. I called loomis on Wednesday Morning(March 6th) at 8:00AM they both the passports are ready for pickup. I picked it at up 10:00 AM and reached the US border around 3PM in the evening. Immigration officer gave new I-94.

the Whole process took less than 3days.

Friends, Only very few Indian faces I can see hardly in the consulate for VISA stamping and everybody got their VISA. I dont understand why people are going to calgary or Vancouver instead of toronto. Though it is small office, if you have all the documents in place I bet it is one the safest location I ever know.

Hey Kart1234, Congrats!!!

I have a question, I'll be going to Calgary next month for my first time visa stamping. So, should I send an email PIMS@state.gov & TRTNIV@state.gov asking them to verify my details?

Please suggest.

Thanks

Hey Kart1234, Congrats!!!

I have a question, I'll be going to Calgary next month for my first time visa stamping. So, should I send an email PIMS@state.gov & TRTNIV@state.gov asking them to verify my details?

Please suggest.

Thanks

TRTNIV@state.gov is the email address only for toronto consulate. I am not sure about calgary. please check in the visa info website

Hi Kart1234 . Do u already had Visa to enter Canada ? I am planning to appear in canada for visa at toronto. I don't have canada visa.

and how many days is the Visa process. In India my friends are saying about two days one for finger printing and other for the interview.

Is it same in Canada ?

Archived