SOW- Statement of work for H1B..?

flm

Hello,

I am currently on OPT and filing my H1B this year.

I am working for a client company (OEM) in Michigan on a open- ended contract. My employer is a direct vendor to the client. I moved to the this new client few months ago, but has been working with my employer since past 2 years. During my hire at the current client location, my company forgot to process the SOW.

Now, that I am filing my H1B:

1.) Is it necessary that my employer should provide an SOW to USCIS..?

2.) What are the possibilities of denial or query..?

3.) Any additional documents from my employer to provide to USCIS in regards to the client and employer relation..?

I am very concerned about this issue. Id really appreciate your help.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Kumar

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I need one urgent help. My wife is in US on H1 visa.
My stamping for H4 Visa was done and I am waiting to travel to US in a month.

Now we have a problem.

My wife's company sent her to client location in US without SOW (Statement of Work).
The project is still not signed off. Her manager is US is telling that if the project didnt sign-off he will send her back to India.
He also know some openings in other projects in US, but he says he will send her back to India and ask her to come back to US soon (!!!).
My wife explained our situation to him. He replied to my wife that life is so unpredictable (@#$@#%). This is ****.
I feel that they are responsible for this situation. But we are made the scapegoat.

We have taken lot of financial risks based on our US plan.

Please help us what can we do about our situation.

Thanks,
Veera

The project is still not signed off. Her manager is US is telling that if the project didnt sign-off he will send her back to India.

He also know some openings in other projects in US, but he says he will send her back to India and ask her to come back to US soon (!!!).

My wife explained our situation to him. He replied to my wife that life is so unpredictable (@#$@#%). This is ****.

I feel that they are responsible for this situation. But we are made the scapegoat.

That's normal, you can be kicked off from the project at ANY time.

Hi,

I need one urgent help. My wife is in US on H1 visa.

My stamping for H4 Visa was done and I am waiting to travel to US in a month.

Now we have a problem.

My wife's company sent her to client location in US without SOW (Statement of Work).

We have taken lot of financial risks based on our US plan.

Please help us what can we do about our situation.

Thanks,

Veera

Not a good situation, but reality is that her company doesn't have projects they cannot keep her in USA.

Archived