I-94 expiring on 07-Apr-2013 as my passport is expiring

rockks

Hi,

I had traveled to India in Nov 2012 and got back in Dec 2012, the CBP officer had written 07-Apr-2013 on my I-94 as my passport expires on that day.

I have valid visa till Dec-2014 and I am in the process of renewing my passport.

I may not get my new passport until 07-Apr-2013, but i can apply for I-94 renewal with almost expiring old passport and with a status of processing new passport?

As i still have about a month time on I-94 and my old passport is there a way to get I-94 extended.

pls. advise me on the process to be followed, i have read the forums but couldn't get a appropriate answer.

yeah i am on H1, if i get my new passport before Apr-7 is there a way to get new I-94 apart from driving to canada/mexico ?

I dont know of another way to extend your I-94, other than going out of country or worse filing a new I-129. Atleast, that was the best advice I got after talking to multiple sources when I was in a similar situation a few years back. I went to a local CBP office and they gave me the same advice. I eventually drove to Canada and came back to renew my I-94 without issues, but that was an expensive option.

This is just my personal experience, get legal opinion to see if there are other options. Attorney_11 seems to be suggesting there is a possibility.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived