H1b interview problems

nsvsandeep

I attended my H1B interview today, at chennai consulate First i was asked to goto counter 15, i was asked the following questions,

1)Who i will be working for?-- answered Xyz company

2) Whom do i work for currently?-- Answered my current employer

3) How many employees in the company-- I told 9 employees, he was a little shocked.-- here is where i might have lost on my visa approval.

4) will u be going to client-- I told him i will be working directly for Xyz company

Then he me asked me for my supporting docs, i gave him the bundle of I-129, LCA and project doc and the rest of the bundle. He asked to me wait and he will call me.

After 45 mins, they called me to Counter 30, There i was told by Indian Male and Female people that my case was in Administrative processing and they need to ask me some questions, i said ok.

They asked me abt my education details i told them and they asked for my Certificates, i gave it to them, they scanned and gave it back.

Then they asked where u will be going, i told them yyy area

They asked why u want to go leaving my current employer, i told them since its a product development, i was interested and also global exposure and better salary.

Asked since when i was working for my current employer, i told them since Nov 1st 2010 and i am still currently employed with them, once i get the visa approval i will be joining in Usa.

Asked abt my duties at employing company , told them i would be working on xyz Project and will be using Java, Oracle for designing coding and writing SQL, PL/Sql logic from backend.

Asked me when is the project completion date, i told i dont have a tentative date with me. Asked if they were employing anyone else, i said maybe yes.

How many people will work on the current project i told abt 6-10 people.

They also asked me if i paid for the H1B petition and did my petitoner say that i will have to pay half money from my salary to the company-- I told No.

Asked what is my salary in USA-- told so dollars pa

I was also asked if i have any doc showing the Project i am going to work on, i told them that the one i doc i gave with the petition was what i had.

Also asked how i found ur company-- i told them through Job portal and which one--dice.com.

They asked me from the job portal did anyone interview me, i told yeah i had 2 rounds of interview, one was technical and other personal.

Asked when the project started or will start-- i told them that i dont know all i knew was i will join the team when my visa is approved.

Asked who will be ur supervisor and Who will u reporting to--- I Told xyz.

At the end they asked me to the previous counter where i was first called out, i went there and the VO told me that they had to do some more processing in my case and told me he will be giving back my docs and passport and retain some of them.

When i checked all he kept back was the The current project Doc.

I asked the VO how he would be contacting me since he didnt give me any paper for tracking, He said they will contact via mail or Courier. And i said Thank you an came out.

PS: What will be the next step of action, Please Suggest.

Thanks for any help provided.

When i checked all he kept back was the The current project Doc.

VO wants to review your project details. I guess he is thinking that your employer doesn't have the project which was mentioned in the H1 petition.

Are you sure that your employer is implementing that project which you have submitted to VO??

Change Heading to H1B Interview Chennai... In short

1. Returned your petition, passport and all documents .. except project docs

2. NO 221G form white slip/blue slip .. sure??? remember and check all files again did he keep a paper inside ur passport while returning?

3. Did you receive any email today asking more questions ?

They also asked me if i paid for the H1B petition and did my petitoner say that i will have to pay half money from my salary to the company-- I told No.

That seems to indicate that there may have been somebody else trying to get a visa for the company and that person had to pay money for the H1.

They don't come up with the "pay half the salary" part without having that somewhere in the company history already.

@rahul412

Is that common to return petition docs + LCA while case is under Admin Processing ?

No 221G paper was given for the case , does it mean something ?

You've been diligently following most of responses here on Murthy.. so have you seen cases whr no 221G White/pink slip was given?

and how long is the admin processing ~ 3 weeks ? Can the candidate or his attorney call and check for case updates with USCIS?

VO wants to review your project details. I guess he is thinking that your employer doesn't have the project which was mentioned in the H1 petition.

Are you sure that your employer is implementing that project which you have submitted to VO??

Yes he is implementing the project, so is there a waiting time for this kind of processing or do we get any mail or anything from them.

Change Heading to H1B Interview Chennai... In short

1. Returned your petition, passport and all documents .. except project docs

2. NO 221G form white slip/blue slip .. sure??? remember and check all files again did he keep a paper inside ur passport while returning?

3. Did you receive any email today asking more questions ?

hey dude, i think they might have made a copy of the docs i gave them including the original Project doc.

No slips, checked files and passport,but no slips.

No email as yet, still waiting.

@rahul412

Is that common to return petition docs + LCA while case is under Admin Processing ?

No 221G paper was given for the case , does it mean something ?

You've been diligently following most of responses here on Murthy.. so have you seen cases whr no 221G White/pink slip was given?

and how long is the admin processing ~ 3 weeks ? Can the candidate or his attorney call and check for case updates with USCIS?

No that's not common for Admin Processing. Their might be any reason for Admin process and this differs from case to case. And their is no time frame for 221g processing.

Yes, attorney can request the update in that case if needed.

That seems to indicate that there may have been somebody else trying to get a visa for the company and that person had to pay money for the H1.

They don't come up with the "pay half the salary" part without having that somewhere in the company history already.

I checked the https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx link today, with my application id and it shows in Aminitrrative processing.

So what is ur suggestion.

Since the team size small, they want to review the details in depth I guess. Their is no time frame for 221g processing.

One you have mentioned in DS form.

Ok i guess that might be the reason. And the email i was asking was the one from Us consulate like loomis something. sometimes it might go into spam so i wanted to add it to my mail.

Ok so hoping they get back soon.

Find another employer...

No that's not common for Admin Processing. Their might be any reason for Admin process and this differs from case to case. And their is no time frame for 221g processing.

Yes, attorney can request the update in that case if needed.

Hi today i received below mail from

no-reply@ustraveldocs.com

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate

The passport number being returned is XXXXXX

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:

Hyderabad, 1-8-384/385 Ground Floor, Gowra Grand, S.P.Road,, Hyderabad, 500016

If you have any issues or concerns, please contact us at www.ustraveldocs.com/in.

And i will be collecting it tomm, when i check the https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx, the application still shows Administrative processing.

Any advice or help.

• 3 months later...

Yes.

After submitting the docs from the first 221 g form, i got another mail saying the docs are ready for pickup.

When i picked up the docs, i got another 221g blue asking for project duration and timeline and etc. i have submitted them 1 week before and waiting for the reply.

My question is how much chance is there of getting the Visa approved.

After submitting the docs from the first 221 g form, i got another mail saying the docs are ready for pickup.

When i picked up the docs, i got another 221g blue asking for project duration and timeline and etc. i have submitted them 1 week before and waiting for the reply.

My question is how much chance is there of getting the Visa approved.

Can't say. It all the depends on the project documentation.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't say. It all the depends on the project documentation.

One question: The US consulate case status .pdf which they update on their website -- does this include 221g Blue form case updates as well? I thought i had read somewhere that they do not include 221g Blue form cases and that there is no way to track such cases. Please let me know if this is true.

One question: The US consulate case status .pdf which they update on their website -- does this include 221g Blue form case updates as well? I thought i had read somewhere that they do not include 221g Blue form cases and that there is no way to track such cases. Please let me know if this is true.

I don't know.

Archived