Question regarding which I797 to enter in the visa form

sagi85

I've a visa appointment on 4/16 at Calgary consulate. I blocked the date using my current H-1B approval(I797) which is valid up-to 9/6/2013. In the mean while my employer is filing for my H-1B extension on 3/6 using premium processing.

Now below are my questions,

1. If I get the extension approval in 2 to 3 weeks do I need to update visa form with new I797 to get the visa stamped on extended approval as well?

2. Before that, am I eligible to get the visa stamped on 2 approval notices(1 is current approval and other is extension approval)

Thanks for reading!! Please suggest an answer if you have one.

-KK

I am also in the same situation.

Current petition valid till 10/13 and want to take an apt for mid May '13. My extension will be applied in PP on 4/19 and expect to get a 3 yr extension due to an approved I140. Question remains the same as above. Can I take an apt with the current I797 and later update it with a new I797 receipt# once I get the extension? I do not want to wait till after the visa extension approval.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still waiting on my extension approval, for now I still have the appointment date blocked using my old petition ID.

I am in the same situation, Can you please let me know if you found anything related to this issue?

Which petition number to use, and Can we fill in new ds160 and use it to reschedule the appointment?

• 2 weeks later...

Sagi,

I came to know that with out rescheduling the appointment we can change 797 Petition information.

You can edit the info........

1. Reschudule appoinment...

2. It asks for same location or not(put Yes)

3. There will be 3 sections like( personal info, location and loomis location)

4. We need edit Personal info, like selecting again vancouver,richmond, h1b, EAC number, dates then submit...

Archived