Opt Extn delayed

ashakell

Hi,

My initial opt got expired on 07/feb/13 applied opt stem extn from CA center received NOA on 12 Nov' 12

It is still showing my case as initial stage on Uscis portal 02 mar'13 called uscis customer service center twice and requested to escalade my case.

How many days can I work from feb 07 legally and can my employer apply my H1b if my extn is still in process for this april? please advice.

thanks,

Ab

Work is permitted for the entire period that an OPT EAD STEM extension is pending.

One must be in status to have a change of status filed. The period while an OPT STEM EAD extension is pending is time in F-1 status, assuming that the EAD is eventually approved. It is not necesssary to wait for approval before filing the COS.

Work is permitted for the entire period that an OPT EAD STEM extension is pending.

One must be in status to have a change of status filed. The period while an OPT STEM EAD extension is pending is time in F-1 status, assuming that the EAD is eventually approved. It is not necesssary to wait for approval before filing the COS.

My stem extension is also pending and I got an RFE to reply by end of May. I am filing h1b this year. What is the earliest time we can file for change of status?

for some reason, if Opt is denied and my h1b is in processing, what steps do I need to take? can i request for cap-gap i-20 at that time? What will be my status then? what about filing change of status?

sorry so many questions.... appreciate your help and hope to get all answers.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you .

I have same question as the other member

for some reason, if Opt ext is denied and my h1b is in processing or approved, what steps do I need to take? can i request for cap-gap i-20 at that time? What will be my status then? what about filing change of status?

My stem extension is also pending and I got an RFE to reply by end of May. I am filing h1b this year. What is the earliest time we can file for change of status?

for some reason, if Opt is denied and my h1b is in processing, what steps do I need to take? can i request for cap-gap i-20 at that time? What will be my status then? what about filing change of status?

Hi,

I got RFE for my opt stem extension and i need to reply by June 1st week.I am filling my H1B this year.I have a similar question if my opt is denied will that effect my H1 in any case.

At that time can i request for cap gap I20?

what will be my status?

Is it safe to apply in masters quota or in general quota?

saa5976: can you contact me on my personal ID: desibuddy87@ gmail.com

Can someone please answer my questions????

Archived