Interview waiver program dropbox query

vxanna2

Hi All,

I have a query related to the interview waiver. My employer XXX filed for my H1B petition in 2008. However, I got stamping on it only in 2011 and then entered US with only 4 months validity on it. I then got my visa extended for 15 months. It is due for expiry in May 2013. Now, I got another extension which will start in May 2013 and end in 2016.

Now, I am planning to get a visa stamped on the second extension that I received recently. I am wondering if I qualify for the visa waiver program. I am still with my employer XXX.

Please let me know if I qualify for the Interview waiver program as I am unsure about the last point from the below. I would appreciate your help on this.

My previous visa was issued in India.

I received my visa after Nov 1, 2008.

My prior visa is not annotated "Clearane Received" or "Department Authorization".

My most recent visa was not stolen or lost.

My most recent visa was issue after my 14th birthday.

No refusals for a visa in any category after my most recent visa issuance.

I have a previous US visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to renew. - I am not sure if I am eligible for this as technically the visa is expired in August 2011, and I am on extensions now based on that visa.

Thanks

There is one more criteria that is applicable to H visa holders to qualify for the Interview Waiver Program (IWP):

• If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same classification with the same petitioner is still valid or expired within the last 12 months. Note: L (Blanket) visa does not qualify.

Since it's been more than 12 months since your visa has expired I don't think you are eligible for IWP. I would definitely contact a customer service representative to make sure-

Email: To reach a customer service representative via email, please write to support-india@ustraveldocs.com.

Telephone: Please contact a customer service representative using one of these telephone numbers:

• Callers in India: Call +91 120 6602222 or +91 22 67209400.
  • Callers in the United States: Call 1 310 616 5424.

Chat: To chat with a customer service representative, please click here.

Hi maverick41,

Thanks for your reply. I guess this condition is required if the above conditions are not satisfied (either the above OR this condition) . So, I am thinking that either the above points in my earlier post or this condition has to be satisfied. Anyway, I will get in touch with the customer service and confirm. Thanks again for providing the contact information of the customer service representative.

Thanks

You bring up a good point. Hopefully you will get a favorable response from the customer service rep.

My wife and I meet all the IWP conditions and are planning to get our visas stamped too but are still debating if we should take the drop box route since we only have close to 2 weeks in India. I'm not worried about our applications, which are straight forward cases, both of us are graduates of US universities who work as full time employees in medical/research (non-TAL) fields. I'm worried about the fact the the IWP program is still in its pilot phase and I'm not sure if they have sorted out all their kinks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats right vxanna2.

It should satisfy either all of the above( First Seven) OR Last One to eligible for the IWP. I am also in same boat. Let me know if you are using the IWP and also let us know the outcome. Thanks

Eligibility Criteria for all applicants except children below 14 years and applicants above 80 years of age:

• My previous visa was issued in India;

• I received my visa after November 1, 2008;

• My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”;

• My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday;

• I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to renew. Note: F/M visa interview applicants must submit their original I-20 form and J visa interview waiver applicants must submit their original DS-2019 form along with their passport;

• I have no refusals for a visa in any category after my most recent visa issuance;

• If I am applying for a B1/B2, C1D, or J visa, my prior visa in the same classification is still valid or expired within the last 48 months;

OR

• If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same classification with the same petitioner is still valid or expired within the last 12 months. Note: L (Blanket) visa does not qualify;

Archived