DUI 221g

dui221g

Hi ,

I had a dui in california on 04/11/2010 , conviction on:08/19/2010 and had my record cleared on 10/09/2012

I recently attended the h1b visa interview on 12 Feb , The VO was himself confused on what needs to be done ,

He took my conviction , record clearance court documents(made a copy and gave the originals to me ) and kept my passport , told me that they will verify and probably get back within 2 weeks .

When i asked if did not have to attend Apollo hospital for the medical evaluation ,he gave me a slip for medical evaluation , I asked him if it was my 221g , they realized that he had to give me a 221g and wrote up a white 221g and gave it to me .

When i started reading that , i realized that I needed the passport , i asked him this , he then gave me the passport as well.

I went to Apollo hospital the same day and gave most of my test , They told me that they have sent the documents to the consulate on 20 Feb .

I have no update from the consulate after this , Is there any one in the same situation or has gone through this recently please let me know how much time did it take for you.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi dui221g,

I am in a similar situation. Could you please help me by providing information on what happened further? 

How long after submission of the medical documents was there a movement in your case. What happened finally?

Any inputs would be appreciated !

Thanks.,

Datta

Hi ,

I had a dui in california on 04/11/2010 , conviction on:08/19/2010 and had my record cleared on 10/09/2012

I recently attended the h1b visa interview on 12 Feb , The VO was himself confused on what needs to be done ,
He took my conviction , record clearance court documents(made a copy and gave the originals to me ) and kept my passport , told me that they will verify and probably get back within 2 weeks .

When i asked if did not have to attend Apollo hospital for the medical evaluation ,he gave me a slip for medical evaluation , I asked him if it was my 221g , they realized that he had to give me a 221g and wrote up a white 221g and gave it to me .

When i started reading that , i realized that I needed the passport , i asked him this , he then gave me the passport as well.

I went to Apollo hospital the same day and gave most of my test , They told me that they have sent the documents to the consulate on 20 Feb .

I have no update from the consulate after this , Is there any one in the same situation or has gone through this recently please let me know how much time did it take for you.

Archived