Visa Approved in Vancover

vancovermarch

Hi All,

Today(03/01/2013) we 3 ppl went for visa interview at Vancouver embassy and we all had interview at 10:00 am. Three of us got visa approved, i was on EC model, other two were on EVC model, one having client letter and other one didn't had the client letter.

Mine was at counter 4, other two were on 5 and 6 counters, my interview went as follow.

My number got displayed and approached to counter 4, where that lady visa officer was sitting.

Me: Good Morning Officer

VO: What do you do for this employer

Me: I work as XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX

VO: How long you have been working for this employer

Me: Since Feb 2012

VO: Do you have end client

Me: Yes, told the client name

VO: How long you have been working with this client

Me: Since i joined my employer, i am working with same client

VO: So your visa H1 started from oct right

Me: Yes

VO: Before that you were on OPT

Me: Yes

VO: Can i have your I129 and LCA

Me: Gave the I129 and LCA

VO: While she was looking at my LCA, she asked me saying, what location is your end client at

Me: Told the end client location

VO: Do you work at end client location

Me: I work from my employer location, gave the place name

VO: Do you go to client location

Me: I always work from my employer location, whenever my manager requires me to travel to client location, then i will visit client place

VO: So you live in XXXX

Me: Yes, also told him on how do i commute to my employer work place

VO: What is your masters' major

Me: Told my major and school name

VO: Ok, your visa is approved

Me: Thank you and have a great day

People posted that lady at counter 4 is kinda tough, but she was very cool and asked all straight forward questions, anyways murthy forum was very helpful and thanks to you all for sharing your experiences.

congrats dude. enjoy!!

can you please tell me if 4 business days (including interview day, interview scheduled in morning) is enough time to get passport back.

also, i am planning to go for stamping in canada and from there go to india for vacation and then come back to US (San Francisco) after 2 weeks. do you think its risky to directly go to india from canada after stamping. your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Dear Friend,

Good News big congratulations !!

thanks for sharing your interview discussion. When you find time will you please shed light on following queries? Planning to visit toronto for stamping.

1. Reasons to choose vancauver other than your residing distance? have any reviews about toronto VISA stamping?

2. how to get canada tourist visa - share recent updated web links if you have any.

3. what is EC and EVC model?

4. web links to apply visa stamping.

Thanks in Advance !!

Thank you @sk.h1b and @saraactive........:)

@sk.h1b: 4 days should be fine, if you get approved on the same day of interview itself. You can make plans to go for stamping in canada and then go to indian from them, this is what one of my friend planned too.

@saraactive: 1. In my case, i have my employer located in California and that is how i framed my answer, saying that my employer is located in West Coast and that is the place i always work from, Vancouver is the nearest place for me. In your case, you can frame the answer like this, if you are on EST or CST and planning to go Vancover....."I tried booking slots in Toronto, but as i wanted to get stamped early and vancouver was the only location from which i could book the interview slots", you can also search in murthys forum for any other well framed answers.

2. I have applied for canada visa from an private agency, below are their details. You can call them and ask for Suzie and tell her that you are planning to apply for canada visiting visa, she should be able to help.

***************.com

www.***************.col

3. EC is Employer Client model and EVC is Employer Vendor Client model

4. Below are the links for DS 160 form and applying Visa data

DS 160: https://ceac.state.g...IV/Default.aspx

Visa Date: https://usvisa-info....country_welcome

Hope this information is helpful, and all the best for your visa stamping.

Archived