Applying to Canada Visa from New York question.

techybos

Hello all,

planning to get my Canada visitor visa from NY. Planning to go to Montreal to get my H1B renewal stamp.

questions:

Do I have to apply and get a date from US consulate in Montreal to apply for canada visitor visa? Or Can I apply for visitor visa first and then get appointment later?

When applying online? what do I mention as the reason for travel? Do I have to submit appointment proof with my visitor visa documentation?

Any one got canada visa from NYC? how long does it take after applying online?

appreciate your responses for this.

Thanks

Snigdha

Hello all,

planning to get my Canada visitor visa from NY. Planning to go to Montreal to get my H1B renewal stamp.

questions:

Do I have to apply and get a date from US consulate in Montreal to apply for canada visitor visa? Or Can I apply for visitor visa first and then get appointment later?

When applying online? what do I mention as the reason for travel? Do I have to submit appointment proof with my visitor visa documentation?

appreciate your responses for this.

Thanks

Snigdha

hi

Not needed.you can apply for visitor visa first and then get appointment later.

Nop.You can write h1b stamping at US consulate.

I applied to NYC via post and it took 17 working days to get my passport back

• 2 weeks later...

I applied on Feb 11, 2013 in person and just got back my passport with stamping. They said it will take 14 days during submitting the documents but took 19 working days in total. I'm glad that I got my passport back.

I attached my US consulate appointment letter along with the application to be on safer side.

Archived