Can parents get VISA now and travel at later stage?

makhanaka

I am currently on H1b and want to invite my parents here for tourism. Can they apply and get VISA now but visit may be after 6 months from getting it. If yes, how would they answer to the question from VC about travel plan?

They normally don't ask. Even if they do, you can tell them you have plans to travel in the next few weeks at your convenience. They don't ask for any proof of travel.

Thank you all for your reply.

They normally don't ask. Even if they do, you can tell them you have plans to travel in the next few weeks at your convenience. They don't ask for any proof of travel.

while I am aware that this is 10 year multiple entry, since my dad is a government employee, he is getting a NOC and leave sanction letter in advance for a specific period. While NOC is required, I am unsure whether to have him obtain the leave sanction letter or not. His justification is, one of the person he knows, got B2 as well, had taken with the sanction letter. I have been reading few forums and other websites and recommend to have this. What are your thoughts on this?

If the VC were to ask "when are you planning on going and do you have permission from employer, show me the proof?" would my dad just show him the NOC and say that once he gets VISA he can obtain holidays for 60 days in the month X and Y?

Thank you all for your reply.

while I am aware that this is 10 year multiple entry, since my dad is a government employee, he is getting a NOC and leave sanction letter in advance for a specific period. While NOC is required, I am unsure whether to have him obtain the leave sanction letter or not. His justification is, one of the person he knows, got B2 as well, had taken with the sanction letter. I have been reading few forums and other websites and recommend to have this. What are your thoughts on this?

If the VC were to ask "when are you planning on going and do you have permission from employer, show me the proof?" would my dad just show him the NOC and say that once he gets VISA he can obtain holidays for 60 days in the month X and Y?

NOC should suffice if requested. When my dad attended interview, he carried business partnership letter,etc but he wasn't asked for one. If anything your dad being a govt employee will only workout his favor i.e. getting a visa as he has more connection to India. Good luck!!!

Archived