Insurance Plan

dotnetsupt

Doesn't your employer offer a health insurance plan?

If he doesn't, find another employer, one who offers a health insurance plan.

Why in the world would you even work for an employer without health insurance? This is not Walmart...

It happens its just a question.... If you have idea let me know else dont comment

instead of gettin online quotes thru with each company, go visit an agent..they can pull quotes from several companies with one application..find an old style mom&pop agent..most of them still believe in helping people and will take their time to explain the fine print and pick the best suitable quote for u..

I like http://www.**************.com/ They give quotes from a lot of insurance companies like Aetna, BCBS, United healthcare and more.

Its very easy to sign up and start your medical insurance.

In my personal opinion, employer provided health insurance is not cheap every time. I have seen people paying $750 per month for medical insurance for a family of 3 whereas the same coverage was available from the same insurance company for $450. And, I am talking about a $18 billion software company based out of the US.

I think the reason is that the employer negotiates one fixed price for each employee. Whereas, a young adult with healthy medical history might be able to beat that "employer-reduced" pricing easily.

I think its a good idea to explore all the options. You never know you may be paying a lot to your employer health insurance plan.

(a word of caution - Research and read reviews about the medical insurance company before buying the plan).

• 3 months later...
There are lots of options for health insurance on OPT. There are some student health insurance plans that can continue to cover you if you are on a F1 visa (***********). You can also consider Visitor Health insurance plans like ********* till you become qualified for domestic coverage. Depending on the state you live you can also apply for domestic coverage like Blue Cross or United health care. Your best bet is to contact a Broker/ Agent equipped to deal with all these types of plans. ***************, based in VA offers all 3 types of plans. You can access their plans at www.*********.net.

Archived