Question on H1-B Ammendment

rajshekar21

Hi,

My petition for H1 has been filed with Client-A letter. My project with Client-A completed and now i am working with another client-B and different location but with same employer. Do i have to file the H1-B ammendemnt and is it mandatory when i go for my H1-Visa stamping in canada. I have scheduled my H1-Visa interview in vancouver on March19th. Please reply.

Thanks,

Kishore

Hi,

My petition for H1 has been filed with Client-A letter. My project with Client-A completed and now i am working with another client-B and different location but with same employer. Do i have to file the H1-B ammendemnt and is it mandatory when i go for my H1-Visa stamping in canada. I have scheduled my H1-Visa interview in vancouver on March19th. Please reply.

Thanks,

Kishore

i am in the same boat, Yes we need to file the amendment to update our current job. My employer was filling for it now and my date was march 25th in vancouver.....ATB

Yes H1 Amendment is mandatory if you change your client. If you don't do that you will be in risk when you go for stamping. Just apply in premium processing u will get with in 1 week. I too did my amendment recently.. And one suggestion is if you are planning for H1 Amendment you can do H1 Extension even though your current petition is valid more than 6 months. For me I have a valid H1 Petition until Sep 2014. But I filed an amendment/extension in Feb 2013 and got approved through Jan 2016. Hope this helps.

Archived