H4 to H1B First Time Stamping in CANADA

gouthamsworld

I am also in same boat. Please let me know if you have any information on this.

I am planning to go to Vancouver Canada for COS Visa Stamping from H4-H1B. I did not do any masters.. My highest qualification is Bachelors in Computers that is from India. I have 3 years of IT experience in Inida and 1+ years of IT experience in USA. Is it safe for me to go to Canada for my H1 stamping.

• 3 weeks later...

Generally the consulates in Canada will accept first-time H-1B visa applications only if the applicant has a US or Canadian degree or is a resident or citizen of Canada.

Thanks Attorney_25 for answering me but..

When i tried to email to Vancouver Canada Embassy, regarding this question, i got this response.

Anyone can apply for a visa in Vancouver. However visitors to Canada and in particular first time applicants are strongly urged to apply for US visas in their country of residence. This consulate does not have the resources to verify credentials for those applicants whose petitions have been approved based on credential claimed from their home country, and whose current and past status in the U.S. requires further clarification and/or verification.

Regards,

Nonimmigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Vancouver

OP2

So is it not safe to go to canada for stamping?

Archived