b1/b2 to student visa


Recommended Posts


I am a doctor from india currently residing in united states for my usmle board exams.i have a 10 yr multiple entry b1/b2 visa which expires on 2022.I wish to pursue a degree in research programme or masters in public health (MPH).My query is

1) how should i begin the process...thats is get i20 first or initiate process now itself at USCIS?

2)what would happen to my b1/b2 visa if i change my current visa to f1 or j1?

All your suggestions would be highly appreciated.

thank you.

Link to comment

Did you declare your interest in COS at entry?

It is a little late for admission to fall 2013 programs and many permit entry only in the fall. You need to return home and investigate you options from there rather than make a hurried decision. F-1 REQUIRES an I-20 (and proof of funding) in your hand.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.