Visitor Visa for Canada

nkm76

Hi,

I am planning to go to Canada for my US H1B visaicon1.png stamping. I want to know the process for applying for the visitor visa for Canada in order to get it the fastest.

1) Is it better to go through an agency or submit docs on my own?

2) My I-94 stamping has long expired. Can I mention in the application form MM5257E, the purpose of visit as tourism or should I mention as passport stamping?

3) In the application form MM5257E for the question: Name, Addressicon1.png and Relationship of any person(s) or Institution(s) i will visit, can I enter NIL as I am not visiting any one or any institution but just visit.

4) If I have to mention stamping as the reason then do I give the address of the US consulate?

5) Is E&G Visa Serivices an external agent I can use to get my visitor visa processed faster?

6) Is it better to fill the applications and apply in person?

7) Do i have to book the hotel and flight tickets and provide this information while applying or it can be done later?

Many thanks!

I am planning to go to Canada for my US H1B visa stamping. I want to know the process for applying for the visitor visa for Canada in order to get it the fastest.

----- Its better to submit your forms in person. but if you are too far from the embassy you can post the forms to them....both take the same time except that when you post them the transit time is additional.

1) Is it better to go through an agency or submit docs on my own?

------I prefer submitting it on your own, it is very simple.

2) My I-94 stamping has long expired. Can I mention in the application form MM5257E, the purpose of visit as tourism or should I mention as passport stamping?

--- you can just mention as tourism.

3) In the application form MM5257E for the question: Name, Address and Relationship of any person(s) or Institution(s) i will visit, can I enter NIL as I am not visiting any one or any institution but just visit.

----you can mention any tourist destination like niagara falls, ontorio.

4) If I have to mention stamping as the reason then do I give the address of the US consulate?

-----should be fine, but I mentioned tourism and niagara falls.

5) Is E&G Visa Serivices an external agent I can use to get my visitor visa processed faster?

---not sure and never heared of E&G Visa service.

6) Is it better to fill the applications and apply in person?

---yes, you can apply in person. previously if you apply in person you can collect it in 2 days. but the rules changed you have to either post the documents to them with a USPS return priority envelop which they use to send your documents or submit the documents in person and wait for them to post them.

7) Do i have to book the hotel and flight tickets and provide this information while applying or it can be done later?

--it can be done later.

Thank you for your answers.

1) So is it that I do not even have to show an itinerary for Canada to prove the dates of my stay there that i have mentioned in the application MM5257E?

2) I actually need to get this done asap, so is there an expedited way of getting this done or will it have to take 4 to 6 weeks?

Thank you for the answers, few more questions:

1. What other Original documents other than the passport are to be submitted (maybe H1B – I 797, etc…)?
  2. Do I have to submit all my passports or only the current one. My current passport does not have the I-94 as it’s a new passport, so do I have to submit the old ones too?
  3. My US visa interview date is 18th March. So if I submit by Monday will they consider the visa date and process the Canada visa any sooner or they don’t care about the US visa date?
  4. Would it be better to submit a flight itinerary if it helps to process faster or do I have to submit a travel itinerary anyway?
  5. Will the visa photo that I submitted for US visa (2” X 2”) hold good for Canadian visa too or does it have to be (13/8” X 13/4”) as mentioned in their specs?

Thank you for your answers.

1) So is it that I do not even have to show an itinerary for Canada to prove the dates of my stay there that i have mentioned in the application MM5257E?

no need to mention the travel plans.

2) I actually need to get this done asap, so is there an expedited way of getting this done or will it have to take 4 to 6 weeks?

I am not pretty sure on this.....experts your response is needed here

Archived