Can H1B employee travel to Japan on Business Visa

Shoeman

Dear all,

I work for an American company in US with H1B. I have an approved I140 and my H1B Visa and petition is valid till the end of the year, 2013.

Now my company would like to send me on Business Visa for 3 weeks to Japan.

Is it legal for me on H1B to travel on Japan Business Visa to Japan (or travel to any country outside USA)

Does it affect in any way my immigration status or my GC process.

Also what all documents would i need to carry while travelling and rentering into USA.

I would really appreciate a quick help on this !

Thanks,

Sanaya

You can travel to any country you want. Why do you think travel to Japan would affect anything in the US?

A friend of mine popped this question to me that, since i am in H1B in US working for a US company, can the company send me abroad on Business Visa . I think , what u are saying is , its just another VISA for another country but does that conflict with the H1B rules of working at a particular location ?

A friend of mine popped this question to me that, since i am in H1B in US working for a US company, can the company send me abroad on Business Visa . I think , what u are saying is , its just another VISA for another country but does that conflict with the H1B rules of working at a particular location ?

A visa to some other country has absolutely no affect on a US visa.

An H1 is about what you do while in the US, not what you do while abroad (in your home country or any other country.)

When you are traveling abroad, you are by definition not in any status in the US.

Archived