Just wanted to post my waiver timeline which might people in this forum

September 10 -Downloaded NORI forms and sent it to Houston Consulate

Septemner 15- Got the forms back from Houston and sent them to offices in India

October 31 - Got NORI from Bangalore passport office

November 25- Got NORI from Home ministry, karanataka

December 14- Got NORI from MHRD, Delhi

January 7- sent all my NORI's to Houston Consulate

January 8-Sent Form DS3035, DS2019, Fee , etc... to DoS address in St Louis

January 21- Got the final waiver from Houston Consulate and a copy was sent to Indian Embassy washington, DC

January 25- DOS website showed they received all documents except No objection

January 31- A final waiver was sent to DoS

February 5-DoS website showed NoS received

February 20-Favorable recommendation from DoS

February 22- Recommendation sent..

Hi J1FL,

Could you help me?

I got my NORI certificates from India, applied at Chicago consulate, got a waiver certificate, same day waiver certificate was sent to Indian Embassy Washington DC.Chicago consulate was really fast & cooperative. It was done on 14th Feb.

Now after that so far I am not hearing anything from Indian Embassy, not seeing any update in DOS website.

I called Indian Embassy, they are telling me to wait, they are not connecting me with the any extension, not sharing any extension no, send an email but no reply from them. It is almost more than 10 days.

Is there any extension I can call?

Pls help me on tracking.

Thank you.

Kiruba

Hi Kiruba,

It usually takes about 10 days for the Indian Embassy to receive your NORI from any consulate in USA. The consulates usually send it to a mailing address in some other building and it takes time to reach the consular services building

use this email address to communicate with them. They were very prompt in replying to my emails

cleardot.gif

attacheconsular@indiagov.org.

Hope this helps

Hi J1FL,

Appreciate you posting the waiver timeline. I am just getting started in my J1 waiver application process and was wondering if you could share a more detailed procedure of getting the NORI from Bangalore passport office, Karnataka Home Ministry and MHRD Delhi as am from Bangalore too. Thank you.

Hello aditbhartia,

My parents helped me to get NORI letters from passport office and Home ministry in India. Passport office does it quickly. I sent an authorized letter so that my father can apply for NORI letter on my behalf. Only blood related person can apply on your behalf. I think this would be a quicker way.

The Home ministry was the same. This is the most cumbersome process.

MHRD- Don't send FedEx or any courier service to MHRD office. The best bet is to send it to someone in India and ask them to send it by speed post. In that way it will reach MHRD

After lot of calling around in MHRD office, I have the following numbers which can be useful for contact

+91 11 26172491-The person's name is Meena

+91 11 23387781-The number of Main section which deals with NORI

I'm sorry I do not have any contact details of passport office and Home ministry

Hope this helps. All the best

• 2 weeks later...

Hi J1FL,

What kind of envelope did you send along with other required documents? Because I applied for DS3035 on March 1st and sent all the documents as well as requested for No objection from DC consulate on March 2. However, I have not seen update on DOS website as of yet. I was wondering did I send wrong size envelopes? Would you please clarify it? I sent small size envelopes where you have to fold documents three times. I am confused between sending full A4 size envelope or smaller would work?

Your answer would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I am in the process to get the NOC from India. In last 8 months I only got one from MHRD, Delhi and waiting for other.

Can some tell me if I can get further information whether Indian Consulate at San Francisco get other two or not. Please share the phone number and extension.

I will highly appreciate your help.

I am also waiting for DOS to update my status to complete, they received all the documents yesterday but did not receive NOS yet which I requested to Indian Embassy in DC the same day (March 1, 2013). Hopefully, next week they will update it. I thought it would be faster as I directly requested to Indian Embassy in DC. But I guess it is going to take same time as everybody processing from either chicago, SF, NY or Houston.

Please share your timeline who recently got J-1 waiver approved.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Congrats on getting the wavier.

I am in process of applying J wavier from Bangalore. My father is in Bangalore and will help me with the this. Can you please send me a format of the authorization letter that you used.

You can send it on to my email- ***************@gmail.com. 

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Archived