H1B Transfer to a new company after I got laid off from my previous company

sandeep424

Hello All

Hope this post finds everyone in a good condition. I got laid off from Company A on January 31st, 2013. The company promised me that they would report to USCIS about my suspension only after March 2nd week. So, I started searching for new job and I got one. The new company B started my processing this week and they told me that they received confirmation of my LCA filinf today. But the thing is that my last pay check was on January 15th and from January 15th to 31st I didn't receive a pay check beacuse I was working on no-pay (as they had to cover my India vacation trip which I had taken till January 20th i.e. they didn't remove the no-pay vacation from January 1st to 15th but they removed it in Janaury 15th to 30th pay slip). So now my new Company B HR states that I have to travle out of USA to get a new I-94.

So my questions are:

(i) Will there be any problems in my H1B transfer. I am ready to go out of USA and come back to get a new I-94 if it requires?. But now I am tensed whether my H1B transfer will go successfully?

(ii) Any other advices of how to proceed on my problem are welcome?

Please Help me in this matter?. Thank you in advance.

Archived