I-94 incorrect name,issue coming while applying for DL

techhb

Hi,

I am on H1B visa.

My name as per passporticon1.png is like "AAA BBB",LNU that means Last Name not used.

When I came to US in Dallasicon1.png/TX .At port of entry by mistake i put BBB as my last name.

So on I-94 it was like

FIRST NAME:AAA

and

LAST NAME:BBB

I got SSN based on that and I also got TEXASicon1.png DL also based on same.

Now i switched my company and moved to floridaicon1.png and i got renewed I-94 which contains my name written correctly i.e. "AAA BBB",LNU.

Now problem occured when i went to FLORIDA DMV to get my DL renewed ,they refused to issue me a DL because my name as per my passport and I-94 dont match.

I showed them new I-94 they said they check SSN and Passport for same.

I then went to SSN office they told me to go to USCIS and get it corrrected.

Now concern is i called USCIS they say that as my new I-94 contains correct details they dont need to change it.As previous one is expired.Where as SSN guys are saying that they will consider I-94 that is given to me at port of entry.

I am extremely confused here please help me.

Do i need to get expired I-94 rectified?If yes will USCIS do it ?

• 1 month later...

• Today I went to the SSN office and the SSA Officer told me that my first(given) name is different from the Visa and Passport compared to i94. She told me that the final decision would be taken by the Department of Home Land Security. If they approve , I will get my SSN.
    My Case is mentioned below.
    Actual :
    First Name : Deepak
    Middle Name : Kumar
    Last Name : Dash
    In VISA & Passport :
    Given Name : Deepak Kumar
    In i94 :
    In SSN Application:
    Do I need to correct my i94 now itself or I need to wait till I get some notice from DHS (Department of Home Land Security) ?
    Also please let me know if an incorrect i94 will create nay problems later ? Any help from somebody who has gone through this scenario before.
  • Regards,
    Deepak

Archived