221G after Visa Approved, Canada

rookieH1

Hi,

I had my interview yesterday in Canada and the VO said my visa was approved and everything looked good…… until I checked my status this evening……

I know the status shows admin proc before it is changed to issued but my problem is, the status update date is today and it still shows admin proc……does this mean my case is undergoing admin proc for real or that's how things stack up??

I'd appreciate if someone could help me understand this.....

Thanks

Hi,

I had my interview yesterday in Canada and the VO said my visa was approved and everything looked good…… until I checked my status this evening……

I know the status shows admin proc before it is changed to issued but my problem is, the status update date is today and it still shows admin proc……does this mean my case is undergoing admin proc for real or that's how things stack up??

I'd appreciate if someone could help me understand this.....

Thanks

did you get any email or sms that your passport is mailed to you.

Even if VO tells you that your visa is approved at the time of interview, the status online shows "Admin Processing. After 3/4 days, it changes to "Issued". After 1/2 days, you would get email that your passport is picked up by Loomis.

Few times, it doesn't get changed to "Issued", then you need to wait and see if US Consulate contacts you / employer / client. In this situation, your visa application is really undergoing admin processing.

Even if VO tells you that your visa is approved at the time of interview, the status online shows "Admin Processing. After 3/4 days, it changes to "Issued". After 1/2 days, you would get email that your passport is picked up by Loomis.

Few times, it doesn't get changed to "Issued", then you need to wait and see if US Consulate contacts you / employer / client. In this situation, your visa application is really undergoing admin processing.

I was aware of the procedure 'itsmeusa'....but the fact that the status date has been updated and not the status, as such, worried me....thanks for your inputs though....

If your status remains the same, but status updated date is changed, that means they have touched your case and updated something. It happened in my case, recently, when I went to Toronto for H-1B stamping. Got 221-G on 7th, after email correspondence with consulate, they touched my case on 25th Jan, but status was admin proc. Then on 28th, they updated status to issued and I got my visa on 30th. So you may not know what they are doing in the background unless there is email communication from them or status change. Best luck.

I atteneded Visa Interview at US Consulate, Chennai on 15th February 2013. My visa was approved. After reading here in murthy forums, I realized that it would be under "Administrative Processing" for initial 2-3 days after interview. My status is still "Administrative Processing" as of today. I noticed that status update date as 21st February 2013. Not sure what's happening over there. I contacted USTRAVELDOCS and they still say that Passport is still with consulate and I just have to wait for an official confirmation from them if Passport is ready to be picked up.

I called up DOS on 21st and they told they can see that Interview case is approved and when they are ready to get the stamping done, they might have seen some information missing and I need to wait for Consulate to contact me. As per Chennai Consulate website, the only way we can get any status is through USTRAVELDOCS.

Archived