221g White slip for NEW PASSPORT

newhyd221g

Hi,

Last week I have attended my H1B visa stamping in Hyderabad consulate. Interview went on well. He asked me general questions like where are working, what is your highest degree, roles and responsbilites etc and at the end said that my passport is peeling off and gave me a 221g white slip with just NEW PASSPORT box checked and gave back all the documents and took my finger prints.

He asked me to drop the new passport in the VFS.

What does this indicate? visa approved and would be stamped after submitting new passport?

Thanks in advance.

Thankyou all for your response, infact my passport is not expiring, it has 18 months validity and for me looks to be in a good condition. However, I have applied for the New passport and expecting it anytime.

Other than Old and New passports, do I need to drop any other documents like I797,LCA etc as VO has not taken any documents from me?

What would be the processing time for Visa stamping once I drop the passport?

Thanks,

Thankyou all for your response, infact my passport is not expiring, it has 18 months validity and for me looks to be in a good condition. However, I have applied for the New passport and expecting it anytime.

Other than Old and New passports, do I need to drop any other documents like I797,LCA etc as VO has not taken any documents from me?

What would be the processing time for Visa stamping once I drop the passport?

Thanks,

It depends on the consulate...may take from 1 week to 3 weeks...

you are supposed to submit only the document requested..take all the docs while u go for submission of passport

Update:

25th Feb - I have dropped the new passport (along with the old) at OFC

26th Feb - Passport tracking shows as 'Delivered to Post'

26th Feb - @ CEAC, Afternoon the 'Status Updated Date' has changed to 26th Feb and shows as Administrative processing.

Does this mean that the Consulate started working on my case?

Thanks,

Update:

25th Feb - I have dropped the new passport (along with the old) at OFC

26th Feb - Passport tracking shows as 'Delivered to Post'

26th Feb - @ CEAC, Afternoon the 'Status Updated Date' has changed to 26th Feb and shows as Administrative processing.

27th Feb - @ CEAC, Morning IST, it shows as "ISSUED"

4th March - Received Passport with Visa stamped.

Interesting thing is that ustraveldocs.com still shows as 'Delivered to Post' where I have already received my passport. May be there is some delay in updating.

Thank you for everyone who has shared their views which was really helpful.

Thanks,

Archived