Case Scenario : In case of 221g

Louisville79

I was wondering in case there is 221g at Vancouver and the person decides to travel to home country. In the mean time 221g is resolved and embassy sendds an email to come by with passport while ur @ home country. How many days do u officially have to come back before the case is closed.

If i get a 221g I was planning to trevel to India but in case it gets resolved in may be 1 to 2 weeks, I do not want to fly back to Canada in middle of my vacation. Can I just wait it out and travel to embassy may be after a month and submit my passport ?

How many days do they actually give you after case is resolved to come back and submit the passport ?

Hello, I would strongly recommend you to not pursue this path of going to India and coming back to Canada once 221-G processing is complete. This is not from my experience, but from the forum post I read few months back. This guy was caught in 221-G mess and he decided to travel to India. Once his 221-G was successfully completed, he came back. When US Consulate saw that he travelled outside Canada, they put his case back on 221-G and it was pending for more than 6 months. I went to Toronto consulate on 7th Jan and received 221-G. It's taking time and still I stayed put, luckily I got my visa after 3.5 weeks and now, I am in US. This is why US Consulates recommend to apply for H-1B or for that matter any visa in your home country.

Archived