Question about job description used in PERM

krishnan_vs

Recently I got my labor copy using the DOL-FOIA option and found that my employer has used 'Computer Systems Manager' as the title for PERM filing. Does this mean that I can only switch to jobs with 'manager' responsibilities? I only have enough experience for a Senior Technical Analyst position. Is it true that I can only switch to a similar or higher position?

What are my options now? Is it possible to change this anyway? Can I still file for AC21 if I get employment? I'm currently looking for job opportunities and this has been weighing heavily in my mind. Please share your suggestions.

Thanks,

-Krishnan

Not enough facts. Was the PERM approved? Did you sign it? What are the job duties and requirements? Is Computer Systems Manager the internal title entered on the 9089 form by the employer, or just the category assigned by the DOL via the 9141 wage form? Was I-140 filed/approved? Was I-485 filed?

If you have an I-485 pending over 180 days and want to move to another position, the new position must be in the "same or similar occupation." The new job is not required to be at the same level or higher. If Senior Technical Analyst and Computer Systems Manager have similar job duties, you are probably ok.

Archived