H1 sponsor

roshng

Hi Everyone,

Need your suggestion/advice.

I was working in US on L1 visa for 3 years, till I got laid off in Nov 2011. I returned to India in Jan 2012 and my employer informed USCIS about my status change in Feb 2012.

I want to apply for a H1 visa this year. I have 13 years of IT experience and I am a Computer Engineering Graduate.

I have interviewed for a couple of positions in New York, but the moment they hear that I would need a H1 sponsor & cant join them immediately, they resend their offer.

What options do I have?

How can I find an employer or consultancy firm who would sponsor my visa?

How can an employer sponsor a H1 for a project which is to begin 6 months later, isnt this a deterrent?

How feasible is it to apply for H1 while I am out of US (in India)?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Regards,

Roshni

People find H1B employers from outside the US all of the time under the circumstances you describe. This is not a job search forum; you need to look elsewhere. If you are good, a company would have no problem waiting. The fact you were on L1 and laid off says something.

Option - find an employer / sponsor who can file your H-1B. This time, it is forcasted that the window of applying for new H-1B will close within a week once it opens on first working day of Apr 13.

How to find - lots of desi consultants here who may help you. But you need to act fast.

3rd Q - all H-1B applications are like that.

Feasible - If you come to US (very first time) on H-1B, you got to be outside to apply for one.

Archived