H1B Approved, not stamped, Transfer options?

peekay23

All,

I had applied for H1B during 2009 with Company A. When i went for the stamping at the Chennai consulate , the officer had some questions about the employer and sent my papers to USCIS for further scrutiny which later after a year of waiting changed as "Post-Decision Activity" with the additional message that the USCIS has approved the case. During this time my company A had gone bankrupt and is not responding to my emails.

Recently Company B is interested to take me in for the US positions but unfortunately they dont want to spend on the Visa etc.,

I would like to know since my petition is actually approved with Company A, and me still in India,

- Are there any options of using this petition with Company B through some simple process?

- Are there any benefits either to me or to Company B in doing so rather than applying a new one ?

- What is the process and timelines of Company B willing to take me in through this approach ?

Since the next H1B cycle around the corner, I would like to know the options in hand. Please let me know urgently. Thanks.

PK

Archived