H1b Stamping@Toronto February 11 2013

CanadaFeb112013

Here is my experience:

• My appointment was on Feb 11th 2013 @Toronto, Canada
  • Reached there 30 mins early.
  • Waited in line(A lady checked the passport and the D160 confirmation).
  • The guard at the gate called me (He checked the passport and the D160 again).
  • Security check(Need to take off your Jacket, Wallet etc etc)
  • After security check (Another person asked for passport and the D160 again. If you did not have the digital photo, he will ask you to give one passport photo for him. Putsyour D160 and passport in a blue folder)
  • After that, next person at the desk asked me what type of visa etc and asked me not to take anything out of that folder
  • After entering the room, there will be counters to give a token (The person asked for approved I797 and included that in the blue folder)
  • Waited until my token is displayed
  • After my token is displayed, I went to the window, the person at the window took finger prints etc and asked me to go back and wait again
  • The VO called me(It took approximately 30-45 mins after I entered the building)

VO: Good morning. How are you doing --Answer: xxxx

VO: So, you are here for H1b extension --Answer: Yes Sir

VO: Who do you work for --Answer: XXX client

VO: But your actual employer is XXX --Answer: Yes Sir

VO: How long have you been working for Client and the employer -- Answer: xxx months and xxx years

VO: Did you work anywhere else --Answer: Yes..I mentioned about 2 clients

VO: What is your highest degree --Answer: Masters in Computer Science

VO: Can I see your LCA and last years W2 -- Gave him (He looked at them and gave them back)

VO: What is your salary -- Answer: xxx

VO: What are your job duties -- Answer: xxx xxx etc etc

He put everything back and said that the visa is approved and gave me white paper with instructions to check the status. He said that my passport will be ready in approximately 5 business days

I am still waiting for my Waybill number. Today is February 16, 2013. Still did not get my Waybill number. But in the status tracker it says 'ISSUED'. I called the consulate and Loomis today. As I do not have the Waybill number, they could not help me.

Let me know if anyone is in the same boat around this timeframe.

Hi all,

Loomis number was updated on CSC website on Saturday morning. When I tracked the waybill number in the Loomis website, it said that the package is processed at Brampton location on February 15th(Although I selected Markham). This information was not updated at the CSC website or Loomis until Saturday morning but CEAC site 'ISSUED' on 14th Feb which is Wednesday.

Here are the details:

POD Shipment # Piece # Date Time Status City XXXXXX XXXXX

(ref:XXXXXX) 2013-02-15 23:36 Processed at Location BRAMPTON 2013-02-15 23:34 Processed at Location BRAMPTON 2013-02-15 21:09 Transit Through Loomis Facility BRAMPTON 2013-02-15 00:00 Shipment Record Received BRAMPTON

Because of this delay, I had to extend my stay in Toronto until the next Monday because Loomis office hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday.

So, from my experience if the CEAC site says ISSUED, most likely, the passport will be at the Loomis center by next day. But, nowhere you will find the Waybill number to track it. This service sucks.

If the VO says approved and gives you a white slip and you did not receive any emails from the consulate within next day, asking you to submit any other documents, most likely your visa is approved. But, information on the websites gets updated very slow.

All you have to do is to wait and not worry about what is happening about your visa.

Archived