H1B transfer- no receipt - Urgent

rohit1183

Hi,

My last day with my current employer (A) is 2/15/2013 (Friday). Current I-797 valid till 12/30/2014.

I am supposed to join my new employer (B) from 2/18/2013 (Monday). My new employer has sent the H1 transfer (premium) packet to USCIS on last Friday i.e. on 2/8/2013.

So far I have not received the receipt number. What I was told is there is some backlog in USCIS processing due to recent storm situation.

Here is my question:

1. As the packet was sent to USCIS on 2/8, should I join my new employer on 2/18 even though I do not have the receipt number so far?

2. What would be my status after 2/15 (My last day with current employer) if I do not have the receipt# in hand?

3. If let's say there is a delay of 2-3 days in getting the receipt# and say I get it on 2/20, would I be considered out of status after 2/15?

4. If yes, do I need to go to India for stamping?

5. Would it have any affect on my GC processing which is to be started later this year?

Much appreciate your help.

• 6 months later...

@apps1416 

@panthorpan

Looks like my situation is also same. My documents were submitted to Vermont center for H1B Premium transfer process on Last friday Aug 30th 2013 and till now i didnt see any receipt number from them. My last working day with current employer is next friday i.e 13th sep.

Thinking if i need to withdraw my resignation :-( getting panic :-(. Last time my docs were submitted to California center and i received my receipt # within 2 days. But today is 4th day and getting tensed.

@kjg

Mine(H1b transfer) was filed on Aug 26 under Premium processing. Till now I didn't receive any receipt number.

My employer contacted USCIS, they said without receipt number it cannot be traced and advised to fill one form and send it to them which my emp did and waiting for reply. 

Hopefully USCIS will give some update on Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived