H4 Visa and Church marriage certificate


Recommended Posts

Hi, I will be getting married in June end and would want to get my wife back with me. I will have 4 weeks post marriage where I can be in India. I need to understand if the marriage certificate issued by a Church in India is suffecient or if we need to register the marriage at the registrars office and then take that certificate. I hear that for Christians it takes 30 days after the marriage to be able to get the marriage certificate. This would cause a problem for me. Has anyone here got there H4 stamping done using the church certificate?

Please respond at the earliest.


Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.