Successful VISA Stamping at Mumbai

simpleguy0405

By God's grace, my VISA was successfully stamped at Mumbai Consulate. I work on EC model. The VISA interview went like this...

1. Are you still working with this XXX employer?

2. What is your salary?

3. Describe your job duties.

4. What is location of the client?

5. What is client business?

I was very tense since the guy in front of me was on EC model and got a white slip. In this new Mumbai consulate, you can hear all the interview details of other candidates. Also I was little bit more worried since my employer is very small(<50 employees). When it was my turn, the VO asked for passport and I-729 and spent some time looking at the screen before asking first question. After that, he started asking questions but didn't bother to listen to my full answers (Q 3 and 5) and I was interrupted during answers. The interview lasted for probably 3-4 min and then he said the visa is approved and collect passport in 3-4 days.

The VO asked very similar questions to the guy in front of me. I am not sure how they decide. It almost seemed like they already get all the information they need and interview is just a formality. Also my VISA was processed through Murthy Law Firm and I remember they asked tons of documents both from my employer and myself before filing H1B petition. Not sure whether that has any role to play.

Please let me know if you guys want to know anything more. I was helped a lot by this forum and thought I would also share my experience.

Archived