Experience letters

Hi,

Both my old employers do not work with the companies that I worked for any more. They are ready to issue the experience letters but cannot use the old company letterheads since they do not work there. Should their experience letters be on the white paper or on their current company letterhead with the letter clearly stating that they used to work with me in their previous jobs?

Please advice.

By your "employer" do you mean your "boss" or "supervisor" ?

If that's the case, then no need to worry. Your experience letter has to be from the company not "employer." The HR or office manager can provide the letter on behalf of the company on the company's letter head. All that the letter has to mention are the job duties you carried out while employed, name of position you held, the salary and that you were a good employee. May be the HR or office manager can confirm the duties with your "employer." My experience letters are signed by the HR on behalf of my previous employer, not by my "boss"

I have included a sample below.

To Whom It May Concern:

This is to certify that Mr. _____ was a full time, permanent employee at [name of company], City, State from [date] to [date]. His annual salary was $ _____.

Mr. ___ was employed as a [name of position you held]. His duties included:

During his tenure with [company], he was consistently assigned duties of an increasingly complex nature and acquired more and more responsibility as time progressed.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Very truly yours,

[company]

[name of person providing the letter on behalf of company]

[title of the above person providing the letter (HR, office manager, etc.)]

Archived