H1-B Stamping in Ottawa on Mar 4th

Sunny-FTE

Hi Guys,

I've scheduled an appointment at Ottawa office on March-4th for H1-B stamping. I am currently working as a full time employee (Software developer) for a mid sized e-commerce company. My H1-b was approved till Oct-2015. I have a masters degree in Computer Science & I am planning to move to consulting job since my company doesn't file green card, so most of my friends told me it is easy to get H1-B stamping done if its a Full time job.

Can guys please tell me if it is safe to go to H1-B stamping when I am in Full time job & If I get 221-g, how long it will take in Ottawa consulate?

I would recommend you to go with the positive mindset. H1-Bs are approved unless we screw up something in the application (DS-160) or interview. Regarding 221-G, there is no real criteria that it won't be given to FTE vs consultant. Timelines for 221-G vary depending upon what US Consulate is looking for in specific case and how much time it takes them to get all the details. Don't worry, you would get H-1B. It took me around 3.5 weeks due to 221-G, but my sis got it immediately. We both are consultants, in EVC model. So each case in unique.

Archived